Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Travel Pics-Guatemala

Guatemala..Land of the Eternal Spring



Other people's travel pictures really inspire me.  There are some places that I never considered attractive destinations until I saw a friend's travel pictures posted online.  

So, I've decided that occasionally I will post some of my pictures from past travels. (And hopefully my future travels too!) First up are a few pictures from Guatemala.  I spent a total of a year there, and it is a place that is very dear to my heart. Hope you enjoy my images from this beautiful country.






Lago Atitlan, Panajachel, Guatemala


A Family frolics by the shores of Atitlan


Mayan Pyramids peeking out from the Peten jungle


Tikal, Peten




Impressive Mayan Pyramids


Mayan girls


Pigs roaming freely on the streets of Monterrico


Black sand beaches of Guatemala


Monterrico 


Sunset over Guatemala's Pacific Coast



11 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful, I dream of going travelling - looks like an amazing experience :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling. You have a great sense of style! And I'm sure you will have the chance to see lots of amazing places :-)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shots of the coast! It looks very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! And what a nice giveaway on your page :-)

      Delete
  3. Great photos! Guatemala looks beautiful!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.heyloveblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an amazingly beautiful place, my pictures don't do it justice :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi, thanks..and I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You blog is lovely! I'm a follower now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, your photographs of Guatemala are stunning, it looks like an intriguing place.....imagine doing a fashion shoot there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, darling. Yes, Guate is such a vibrant and beautiful place. Once I actually saw a model doing a shoot nearby my apartment in Antigua, Guatemala. Its the most charming little Spanish colonial city, I bet her pics came out great!

      Delete