Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review: Innisfree It's Real Avocado Mask

Photo from Amazon.com


One day, while I was working in Korea, my friends and I took a spur of the moment trip from our small town to the nearest city for a "Sex in the City" girls' night.  We had coffee, shopped, grabbed a few drinks, and talked about guys.  We had so much fun that we decided to do a girls night in as well, so, we stopped at the Innisfree store to pick up some face masks.  Since I couldn't read any of the packaging, I chose the avocado mask because I knew that avocado is soothing and moisturizing.  Unfortunately, our girls night in never happened, and I completely forgot about this mask until I found it just recently, tucked in with a bunch of my beauty samples.  

Last night, I decided to finally give the mask a try. So, I thought I'd do a quick review.

The mask is one of those white paper masks that is covered in beauty essence.  I applied the mask, then went to scare the bejeezus out of my sister with my new Jason-inspired look. (hehe)  

The essence was clear, yet a little thick, and had a slightly greasy feel.  The scent of the mask was pleasant, yet unremarkable.  It was not overpowering and smelled fresh, if anything.  The instructions said to leave it on for 10-20 minutes.  I left the mask on for about 15 minutes.  I removed it and rubbed the remaining essence into the skin on my face and neck.  At first, I thought it was too moisturizing for my normal skin, but the essence promptly soaked into my skin.  Still, it seemed a little too heavy for me, and I predicted that I would wake up with oily-feeling skin.  However, I was surprised when this was not the case this morning.  My skin feels smooth and good, not at all greasy.  Overall, I am pleased with the results of this mask and I would use it again, although only during winter months.

I'm glad I didn't use this mask when I originally intended to use it: during the oppressively hot and humid Korean summer.  Even though I was happy with the results, I think this mask is best-suited for drier skin types.  It worked fine for me because my skin is somewhat drier during the winter, but I would advise anyone with combination or oily skin to steer clear of this one!  It is gentle, yet quite moisturizing, so if you are looking for a treatment to calm dry irritated skin this mask should be perfect for you.

So, do you like to use special treatments such as facial masks, or couldn't be bothered?  What is your favorite deep treatment product?  
    

4 comments:

  1. I love using face masks, I usually do about once a week on Friday to have nice looking skin for the weekend :)

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently reviewed the Grape version of this mask too...great review! It was the first sheet mask I ever tried and now I can't get enough! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review! And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a shame you never liked this so much and I would have to agree! I have never tried this before but my skin is very oily so don't think this would be suitable! excellent review <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete