Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Product I love: The Ped Egg



Today I just wanted to review a product that I recently tried and LOVED!  I know that the Ped Egg has been around for a long time, so I'm a little late to the party, but this thing is so good that I wanted to share my experience with those of you who have never tried it.

I'm not exactly sure when things started going downhill with my feet...As a teenager, my sister and I used to laugh about the fact that on more than one occasion random creepy guys on the street told me that I had cute feet.  We used to joke that I should get a foot modeling job.  Back then, I used to do my own simple little weekly pedicure that consisted of exfoliating my feet and painting my toes-nothing fancy.  But, based on the reactions of the random creepers, I guess it was working for me at the time.

Fast forward a number of years later and I was living in Northern Florida.  Except for the coldest part of the winter, I practically lived in cheap Old Navy flip flops.  I had a pair in every color imaginable and I used to make treks all around town in them.  It was somewhere around that time that I noticed that I was starting to look less like a foot model, and more like Fred Flintstone's body double.  You would think I would have gone back to my old pedicure routine, but I just didn't care that much.  I always kept my toenails painted, but that was about it.  Once my sister started working in the beauty industry, she occasionally did her service to humanity by buying me "Mr Pumice" blocks at the beauty supply store. Every now and then I would give my feet a half-hearted scrub, but as a busy grownup, sitting around pampering my feet was the last thing I felt like doing.

About a week ago, though, I decided that my feet were a mess and that I needed to put some thought into this part of my appearance.  I tried to remind myself to buy a pumice stone or foot file on my next shopping trip, but somehow I seemed to forget every time.  Then, lo and behold, while at Ross Dress for Less, I happened to see the Ped Egg on clearance for only $3.99.  Who hasn't seen the commercial for this "As Seen on TV product" where women happily scrape their feet with an egg-shaped contraption that resembles a cheese grater, then open the egg to reveal piles of the disgusting powdered foot skin they remove. Ewwwww...  Pretty gross!  But, the metal blades made the Ped Egg seem like the kind of serious tool I needed.  I was debating whether the thing could possibly work, when I noticed endorsements from a number of top Beauty Magazines on the packaging.  I decided that, for such a low price, I'd give it a try.

When I took it home and put it together, the blade part seemed pretty sharp.  Not knife-sharp, but definitely cheese-grater sharp.  There were even some warnings on the package.  You should use the Ped Egg only on calloused skin that is not wet or damp, and also be careful to not press too hard.  My sister looked at the glinting silver blade of my Ped Egg suspiciously and warned me to be careful...

As soon as I slid the Ped Egg across the bottom of my heel and felt it working, I knew I had found a great tool.  The Ped Egg REALLY works!  I absolutely love it!  As I mentioned before, I have never invested a great deal of time or money on foot care, but this thing is better than any pedicure product I have tried in the past.  If you have dry cracked skin and calluses on your feet, you will amazed by the wonders this product can do!  I have been using it over the past week, and while I wouldn't  say I'm anywhere near "foot model" status yet, my feet are much softer and smoother than they have been in years.   

If you are looking to buy one, check out your local Ross store.  The classic one that I bought was on sale there for just $3.99.  They also had colorful "designer" Ped Eggs for $5.99.  This is a really good deal.  Target is currently selling their Ped Egg for $14.99.  

So, do you do your own pedicures, or do you leave it to the professionals?  Have you ever tried the Ped Egg?          



6 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds so wonderful! What a great price as well! Thanks for this review.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Shannon! And happy 2014 :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I will have a look if someone sells them on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can find one on there, and probably for a good price, too! Thanks for reading and commenting :-)

      Delete
  3. Total addict here also. My feet are always a mess. I wear composite toed boots for 60-70 hours a week year round. The "ugh, my feet are bad after winter" has nothing on me. Pumice had nothing.

    I carefully scuffed my vile areas (including cracking calluses that had another callus under and having had a nearly inch long glass splinter imbedded without feeling it - these were with weekly pedicures!). My feet giggled. Then scuffed them and did the "Baby Foot Peel". Heh, bye top layers of callus. Scuffed feet again a week later, another peel.

    My feet still aren't great, but now I pedegg every morning, wear the boots, come home, shower and use pumice. Use sloughing lotion on any bad spots. Much better.

    For all the complaints - honestly, I've never made my feet hurt from this. If there's nothing to grate off, it doesn't do anything. It stops when an area is done, it smooths out then. I did screw up once, not paying attention and filed my ankle. That hurt. But, that was me being stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree...It looks scarier than it is! My Ped Egg has never hurt me yet. Glad you love it too!

      Delete