Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Polyvore Looks: Stylish Stripes

My mind is always dreaming up new outfit combinations..it is like a sort of mental outfit math where I calculate different possibilities based on the specific pieces I have.  Sometimes when I come up with an idea for an outfit, or see an outfit I like on someone else, I quickly sketch it out.  Lately, though, I've created a lot of looks on Polyvore instead.  Polyvore just looks so much neater and more fashionable than a sketch, and I there is something enjoyable about tracking down items that are similar to mine and creating sets.  So, I thought I'd share a few outfits that I created based on striped items from my own closet.

striped sweater


Striped Crop Sweater-Forever21


stripe skirt ideas
Striped Skater Skirt-Forever21


striped dress


Striped dress-Forman Mills

So, what patterns are your favorites? Or do you prefer to stick to solid pieces? 





12 comments:

  1. Great post Helena! I absolutely love all the outfits you have styled. www.fashionphases.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Glenda. and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. great post. Thank you for visit my blog.

    http://trendytalha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by hun! Hope you had a great time in NYC!

      Delete
  3. I have a striped dress just like the last one you posted and it's beautiful!!!! Love stripes!!!

    Just followed you on GFC, hoping you can return the love!

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | LANEIGE Light Balancing Emulsion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stripes too! Thanks for stopping by, and for the follow. I've been following on GFC for awhile now and I love your blog :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm all about stripes and polka dots. And I like to try to come up with new outfit combinations for my pieces as well. It's fun.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love polka dots too! Thanks for stopping by..and for following :-)

      Delete
  5. Hey you´ve a great blog!
    Please check out mine and if you want we can follow each other
    here, on bloglovin and via GFC?
    Let me know, now it´s your turn!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeously put together outfits, I especially love the 1st & 3rd looks! I've never owned too many striped items, more polka dots instead, though I think this year I might change it up a bit :) x

    ReplyDelete