Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Blogs to Check Out
Hello, everyone! Recently, I had the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by Chelsea from One Tick to Be Sick. With so many great blogs out there to choose from, I am always so excited when someone thinks of me for one of these blog awards.
I have done a few of these Liebster posts along the way, so I am going to spare you guys the Q&A part of the award. But in the spirit of the Liebster, I did want to share the love and introduce you to some new blogs. I read tons of blogs, and I so appreciate all the different points of view that they provide! I am so thankful to all of the bloggers that I follow for sharing their ideas, opinions, and lives with us readers. Reading blogs has expanded my mind in so many ways.
If you are not familiar with the award, as a Leibster recipient, you are supposed to answer 11 questions created by the person who nominated you, then create 11 questions of your own and nominate 11 bloggers for the award. While I'm not passing on any nominations, I thought it would be nice to show you a very random sampling of 11 great blogs that I follow and encourage you to check them out...
1. One Tick to Be Sick was my nominator for the award. She writes about a vast variety of topics from health topics like how she deals with Lyme disease, to fashion, beauty, and interior design. Her blog has a little bit of everything!
2. The Creation of Beauty is Art When I first saw this blog, I was struck by how much this blog and mine had in common, from the name and desciption, to even sharing the same Blogger layout! I was an instant follower. This blog is beauty-heavy, with a healthy dose of fashion/style and a dash of other random interesting posts. What I like most about it is Shannon's style of writing and positive attitude. I also really appreciate her kind and supportive comments on my blog.
3. Giedre Grey is a great beauty blog with some fashion posts as well. Truthfully, I clicked on this blog in the first place because she has the most gorgeous red hair! But in addition to her really awesome hair, I discovered that GiedreGray has an amazing beauty blog that is jam-packed with helpful reviews, hauls, and face of the day posts.
4. Kiss Me I'm Stylish features fashion and beauty posts, with an emphasis on celebrity stories. I like her style of writing, range of topics, and use of pictures. What I like most about this blog are the freebies and bargain posts.
5. Slave to Fashion is a fashion blog that features outfit posts. I love these types of blogs in general. Vikee's style is polished and sleek, yet also very trendy.
6. Just So April is another fashion blog heavy on outfit posts. I love April's trendy but also cute sense of style!
7. Poptarts Beauty I do love my British Bloggers! Poptarts beauty has a nice balance of fashion and beauty posts. I like that she loves a good bargain, and I love her sense of style.
8. Daisies and Dr Martens is a mostly fashion blog with lots of outfit posts. I love her pretty and edgy looks.
9. Aimerose is a fashion blog that is filled with lovely and feminine outfit posts.
10. Stella Lee's Blog I have to give a shout out to an Asian style bloggers, too, since I follow so many! This girl is just adorable.
11. Arleen's Fashion Closet Arleen is a cute Latina fashion blogger from South Florida, her blog is full of outfit posts. I like her sexy and feminine take on trendy pieces.
So, these are just a few randomly-selected blogs that I follow and enjoy. Do you have any you would like to suggest? Feel free to share the love in the comments section.