Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bargain Brag: Kicks USA $4.99 Sale Haul

Yesterday, a friend of mine alerted me to a sale at the Kicks USA store at the Port Richmond Village Shopping Plaza here in Philadelphia.  The store was having a grand opening event, and she said I should hurry over because there was tons of great clothing on sale for just $4.99!  I have been in Kicks USA stores in other locations, and I knew it was a Foot Locker-type place that sells mostly sneakers and sporty/urban clothing.  I imagined piles of sweat suits, running shoes, and blingy tee shirts that said things like "baby girl."  Mmmm...Not really my style.  I wasn't too enthused about the sale but decided to check it out anyway.

When I got to the plaza, there were hardly any parking spaces.  Even in the parking lot, you could hear a DJ blaring from inside the store.  The store was really bustling, and there were giveaways and all kinds of promotions going on.  There was a fun grand opening event feeling in the air.  Even though the store was really crowded and busy, the sales people were all so nice and helpful!  I have nothing but good things to say about this experience at Kicks USA in Port Richmond Village Plaza.  

It turned out that there were plenty of cute juniors' styles on sale there.  They had a variety of tops, jackets, and pants for only $4.99 each!  I zeroed in on the jeans because I felt they were the best value.  Their selection of jeans were mostly inexpensive juniors' brands that I was very familiar with such as Celebrity Pink and YMI.  While it is pretty easy to find these brands for low prices, they aren't usually THIS low!  I'd say these types of jeans usually cost in the range of $15.99-$29.99, although it isn't unheard of to see them on sale for even lower.  They also had a few brands I hadn't heard of as well. I grabbed stacks and stacks of $4.99 jeans and headed to the fitting room.  To my surprise, almost everything I tried was a keeper.

Here is what I picked up:   


These gray ponte pants feature black flocked crosses and zipper pockets.
$4.99 



The photo doesn't do these black high-waisted YMI dress pants justice!  They fit perfect and the fabric is stretchy and dressy.
$4.99



These dark denim YMI stretch jeans have black faux leather accents.
$4.99



 These are some good basic high-waisted jeans by Lolo
$4.99 

Some stylish dark wash destroyed stretch jeans by Celebrity Pink.
$4.99




I got 2 pair of these "Wanna Betta Butt" jeans by YMI.  One pair has a slightly higher waist with 3 buttons, the other is a classic one-button cut.  I don't think they do anything to make my butt look especially amazing, but these are comfy, basic and have a nice dark wash and a good weight to the fabric.
$4.99 each



These stone-washed super high waist jeans are pretty cool.
$4.99


They also had tops and jackets.  I grabbed this studded light olive jacket, because for $4.99, why not?

Lesson learned: Keep an open mind-you never know where you will find a great deal!

So, where is your favorite place to shop for jeans? What style/brands do you prefer?

7 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are some great deals.

    I'm a pretty awful pants shopper because I have no patience to try them all on.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh-I know!!! It's the worst. And I'm really short so pants never fit right anyway. But for the price of these I had to give it a try :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely Haul! Tell me if you would like to follow each other?! Would love to hear from you! Lots of Love Kyra♡
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, your blog and your post are wonderful, congratulations. kisses from http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/
    Follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, and I'm following you now too! So keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete