Sunday, November 23, 2014

Review: Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

Hi Everyone, today I have a review of Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream.  




First, this is what Ulta.com had to say about the product:

Maybelline's 1st blemish fighting BB cream helps clear skin with 8 great skin benefits! With 2% salicylic acid. For combination and/or blemish-prone skin.

Why You'll Love It: Their Dream Pure BB Cream is a 1-step wonder for healthy-looking skin today and clearer skin tomorrow.

Benefits:

  • Clears acne
  • Conceals
  • Imperfections
  • Minimizes look of pores
  • Reduces appearance of redness
  • Adjusts to skin tone
  • Hydrates and smoothes
  • Enhances and clarifies skin
  • Is oil-free, with a lightweight feel

2% salicylic acid is one of the highest percentages of this powerful blemish-fighter that you can get without a prescription, yet it's gentle enough to use every day.

For Best Results: Apply a thin layer of Dream Pure BB cream on skin. Can be used with or without a moisturizer.



This is what I have to say about Maybelline Dream Pure BB:

Well, this review almost didn't happen!  I found a sample of this BB cream in Seventeen Magazine.  I'm always really excited to find free samples in magazines, but I was less-than-stoked about this particular freebie score.  I have never had acne, even as a teenager.  So, I knew this this product was not for me even before trying it.  That, coupled with the fact that I had previously sampled Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream and did not like it, made me want to just toss the sample.  (You can check out my review for Maybelline's Dream Fressh BB cream here.)

However, curiosity made me give the Dream Pure BB a try, despite the fact that it was not for my normal to dry skin and was from a product line I found to be disappointing in the past. To my surprise, this turned out to be a pretty decent BB Cream.

The sample was fairly generous, so I was able to use it three times.  The first two times I used it with my L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher as a base.  (You can see my review of Youth Code Pore Vanisher here.)  Since the Pore Vanisher is moisturizing, I decided to try the BB cream alone one day to see how it performed solo.


A swatch of Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in Light/Medium

The sample color was light/medium, which is the color I would usually choose.  I found that it had a decidedly orange tone.  While this orange undertone might be great on an oompa loompa, it wasn't the best match for my skin.  The orange color wasn't that apparent after the product was blended, but I still felt like this shade was not a great match for my skin.  You might want to sample colors if you consider buying this product.
Oompa Loompas

The product is thicker and creamier than the Dream Fresh BB Cream.  It has good coverage.  I'd say it is a heavier light coverage or a very light medium.  If you need extra coverage due to acne scarring, I don't think this product alone would work for you.  It has much better coverage than the Dream Fresh BB, though.  It dried to a matte finish. Despite containing 2% salicylic acid, during the three days I tried it, I did not find that it dried out my skin.  Of course, I can't say if this would remain the case over a longer period.  It worked better for me with a base, though.  When I wore it alone, it did not look quite as smooth and it settled into my fine lines.  Since I don't have oily skin or acne, which is the type of skin this product is intended for, I can't tell you how this BB fares for those conditions.  I can say it was gentle enough for my normal to slightly dry skin. 

Overall, I feel this was a much better BB Cream than Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB.  The quality is fair for its low price.  There are probably better BB creams for acne out there, but this product exceeded my expectations.  If you are looking for a budget friendly BB for acne that is not overly drying or irritating, this is a decent product.

Have you tried Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame that the colour was so far off. I find that a lot of the times, the light/medium shades tend to have really orange undertones. So annoying!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete